I sit here and I reflect.
Suitcases packed & ready to go tomorrow morning.
This summer has been a
whirlwind of emotions and events. There have been ups and there have been
downs. I am grateful for His consistency through all. I have learned much over
the past months. I have learned that only He will forever be there for you. I
have learned where my limits are and the importance of Sabbath. I have learned
that without exception, it is better to give than to receive. I have learned
how quickly all things can change. I have learned how quickly trust can be
broken. I have learned how people quickly jump to conclusions. I have learned
to chase my dreams- even if that leaves you alone. I have learned to listen for
His voice harder and to act when He speaks. I have learned to speak the truth
even when my voice shakes.
And I have learned of His
faithfulness.
I cannot even explain the
situations and the things that have brought me to the place where I am right
now- nor would I want to. For I love and serve a God who is unexplainable and
unpredicatable who works out all things for the good of those who love Him.
Tomorrow I go “home” to
Canada for a short time, but my heart will stay here with the people who have
captured it long ago. I am excited to hug the ones I love most and to be
understood without explanation. I am blessed to have the most supportive family
and friends encourage me from home as I walk on this adventure. Today I am
grateful that Jesus’ opinion on me will never change, because He looks to the heart.
I am grateful that despite me, He uses me. I am grateful that He heals, He
restores, and He loves. Every time.
And so tomorrow I continue
moving forward, because I know who goes before me. And I know that He is
faithful, still.
No comments:
Post a Comment