Monday, December 5, 2016

Wait, what?

I have been sitting here watching this blank page as if waiting for my thoughts to jump out of my head onto this page and write themselves.

There are many reasons I can think of to not write today. I don't want to be vulnerable. I don't want to see the views on this page of all of the mystery people who I know will read my thoughts and cares. But I cling to the hope that one person can relate, be encouraged, or even just have one of those raw, open, human moments. We seem to lack those these days. 

When my life was adventurous, foreign, new, and wildly unpredictable I had no problem sharing my everyday lessons with all who wanted to hear them. I have been believing the lie that my life here is no longer an adventure, but I now see how horribly untrue this is. Life, each and every single moment of it, when lived the way Jesus wishes, is ALWAYS an adventure. He is constantly shaping, constantly showing up, and always speaking. 

I feel as though I say "Wait, what?" either verbally or internally roughly 100 times per day. The common everyday parts of my life still blow me away. It often feels as though I am finally getting the hang of this adult thing, and all of a sudden something changes. A relationship breaks, a job changes, more bills come, someone moves, snow falls. Forever changing. I doubt I'll ever get the hang of it. It truly is an uphill battle. I'm not sure whats at the top of said hill. 

While I remain confident that God has called us to be in this in between season right now, I struggle with the why. But I rejoice in the way that He has always blown my mind with the way He brings it all together every time. I am learning about His consistency. There are so many times in any given day that things don't go as planned, but how very lovely it is to know that He is still the same. Life looks absolutely nothing like I would have expected it to right now, but I can rejoice because Jesus is still on the throne. I rejoice because seasons change. I rejoice because He knows the desires of my heart. I rejoice in the simple gospel. And I repent of putting limitations on my God. He is at work. The earth is His and everything in it [Psalm 24:1].  

I have this vision of myself holding a sign that says the words, "Work in progress." 
I love this idea. If a construction site says, "Work in progress"- the message is clear. It is unfinished, but no one expects it to be complete . There is change, anticipation of whats to come, and an understanding that where it stands now is not where it will stay. I am a work in progress. God is challenging me to be okay with that. He is challenging me to view others through that same lens. We change daily, but praise God that He is the same. 

A wise lady once told me that "The day you stop learning, you're either prideful or you're dead." There is so much to learn. I refuse to waste time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment