Thursday, July 16, 2015

where you go, I'll go

A few days after we finished our project in Batey Esperanza, me and a few others stopped in to do a few things. We drove up to where we had been building, and I saw a shoe-less little boy running and playing in front of our newly finished building. Angel :) I got out of the car and waited for him to see me. He ran over and gave me a hug as if he hadn't seen me in years. I asked him the normal questions and then I asked him if he wanted to go do the things we had come to do. He looked at me with fear in his big eyes.

"What's wrong?"
"...Are you going too?"
"Of course!"
"Oh. Yes I want to go with you." 

He looked at me with excitement as I lifted him into our big, loud, green truck. He looked around and then looked at me and smiled. We got to the house and I got out. I put my hands out to pick him up and he just sat there looking at me. 

"Come on! Let's go!" 
"But I like it right here." 
"But you have to come. This is where we're going!" 
".. Okay." 

He got out and held my hand as we walked to the house. I picked him up over the rocky part as he didn't have shoes. Kids started following us as we walked (as usual). They were laughing and making fun of him. "Why is she carrying you?" "Are you scared?" "Are you a baby?" "Why are you here?" "Where are you going?" 

He cuddled into my shoulder and closed his eyes, as if he couldn't hear them. 
He whispered, "I'm going with her. And I don't know where." 

I took Angel into the house with me and he held him in my arms. As we left and took him back to where we found him, God spoke to my heart. 

"Mairi.. be like Angel."

[And he said: Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.] 
-Matthew 18:3

Jesus, I want to go where you go. I don't know where that is, but I know that if you're there- I'll go. And when I get used to where I am, Lord, and you call me to do something else- I'll go there too. I won't stay in the truck when you want me to get out. I will block out the other voices when they don't understand. I will go with you- just because you're going. I know that you will carry me when I cannot go alone. I know that you go before. I know that you would not hurt me. Jesus, let me be more like Angel. Let me trust you more. 






No comments:

Post a Comment