Monday, August 10, 2015

bind my wandering heart to Thee

I have to say this is the first time I have sat here looking at the screen completely at a loss of what to say. The past few months have been a whirlwind and not what I have expected.

A wise man once told me, "Expectation can bring disappointment", and those words have run true in my heart time and time again. I catch myself thinking, "But this isn't what I wanted. This isn't what I thought it would be.." And again, I'm humbled by how small I am and how great He is. My expectations create discouragement in my own heart, and I am unable to see what He sees. My little eyes cannot see into tomorrow like His. My little heart is weak and easily discouraged, but He is not.

Who am I to say to the One who breathed out stars that this isn't what I wanted? To you, Jesus, I surrendered. I am learning that means daily giving up what I thought this life would look like. At 12 years old, I said yes to Him. That means today I say yes again. In the small things and in the big things, I must learn to say yes time and time again.

I am thankful for a God who allows me to dream and to dream big. May my dreams line up with Yours for this world, Jesus. May my heart beat with Yours. I wait in expectation for what You want, not for what I want.

This song is my prayer each day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYrTqBioaZ4

"Here's my heart, Lord
Take and seal it.." 





No comments:

Post a Comment